I am writing this to update you on my experiences on the Campus Outreach Orlando Project trip I attended this summer. First, I was able to raise all the needed cost and even a little more which went to help my friends on the trip who were still in need of money!
I also grew so much closer to God than I ever have before in my entire life. Let me share with you what the trip consisted of and how it helped me grow. The theme verse for the whole summer was 2 Corinthians 3:18 which says “And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit” and the theme behind it was Behold and Become. We all should behold God and who He is, and become like Him. Most of the trip was getting to know God, not just know about God, because those are two separate things. Once we know God personally, we cannot help but fall in love with Him.
Each week consisted of a theme talk, worship, Bible training, spontaneous evangelism, and fun socials. I roomed with three other girls, my “Discipleship group,” who kept me accountable and who helped show me what godly women look like. Before this trip I was having difficulty with many areas in my life. I did not have a consistent quiet time, I did not have many friends in Memphis, I missed out on many activities with the body of Christ, I was not memorizing scripture, and I had never evangelized before. This trip helped me daily get in the Word, make 130 new friends, fellowship with other believers, memorize scripture (I memorized 20 new verses, many of which helped me in times of temptation or struggle), and it helped me often discuss God with my coworkers and random strangers. There were many other benefits I experienced on the trip. Living away from home gave me a good sense of independence, responsibility, and maturity. Getting in the habit of reading Christian books (The God You Can Know) helped me gain a desire to read more. I also was able to develop and share my testimony for the first time in my life. Overall, this trip helped me fall more in love with Christ.
At first I thought I would be working in merchandising at Discovery Cove. Once I came to orientation, however, I found out that I was moved to guest arrivals at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s waterpark. Though I was disappointed at first, I soon realized that God switched me there for many reasons. I would have missed out on so many great opportunities had I not been there. God’s hand was moving in my life in every aspect.
I have been Christian most of my life and even attended a private Christian school for 9 years. Even with all of that, I have never been challenged and stretched in my relationship with Christ as I was on this trip.
During the trip, there was also a world missions vision conference. The speaker, Todd Ahrend, helped show me how important world missions really is. I now am starting to actively seek God for a vision for my future, instead of hoping something comes my way. I am considering world missions because God has really opened my eyes to how much He wants all of us to spread His Word, and the need is not in the United States. I am still unsure if I will continue school after community college or not because I have no major that grabs my interest. However, I desire to do all it takes to carry out the plans God has for me.
Matthew 28:18-20 “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”
I hope this is a good reminder to you of how faithful, loving, forgiving, and great God is.
No comments:
Post a Comment